You know it’s the last week of classes when:
– You stay up all Sunday night doing homework.
– You write four papers in under 24 hours and you still have five more to write by the middle of finals week.
– The phrase “free time” makes you laugh. Not the “oh, that’s funny” kind of laugh, but the unsettling sort of laugh that is usually accompanied by facial tics and a desire to inflict harm upon the offending speaker.
– You actually go to sleep before midnight, sometimes even as early as 9:45 P.M., despite the fact that it’s practically still light out then.
– You immediately turn down offers to do anything even remotely resembling a social activity without so much as a second thought. Play racquetball? Sorry, homework. Hold a conversation for more than a minute and a half? Sorry, homework. Actually leave my room and interact with people? Sorry, homework.
– You’ve moved past counting down the days and are now counting down the hours to when you’ll finally be finished with school (that’s approximately 266 1/2 for those of you following along at home).
– You unapologetically resort to posting quick, cheap, list-form blog posts, sacrificing content for the sake of that ever-elusive holy grail known as sleep.
I hear it calling me now, in fact. Goodnight, my friends. I’ll see you at the finish line.