So many ridiculously great things happened this weekend that I don’t know where to start, so I’ll just do this thing mind-dump style! Here we go:
– My dad and my sister Christiana came up to Lake Ann this Friday night and took my brother Jonathan and I to spend the weekend with them at my Uncle Don’s house in Traverse City. I usually try not to miss posts on account of PostADay, but when it comes to spending time with my family nothing is allowed to get in the way, so that’s why I didn’t post on Friday or Saturday.
– At my Uncle’s house, we got to relax and laugh and play together, something I haven’t had a chance to do with Dad and Christiana for months now. It was incredibly refreshing. We played the Funny Paper Game and watched Robin Hood and took a guided tour of the nearby peninsula with Uncle Don. He pointed out all of the Fudgies and how poorly they drove, and he said that Jonathan and I aren’t so much Fudgies as part-time residents. So there you have it. I have been officially certified a non-Fudgy by a Traverse Citizen.
– Fun fact: hippos make the sound “Meh. Meh. Beh. Beh.” Chefy will back me up on that.
– Manzana Lift is the most delicious pop in all of existence. It’s better than Fanta Orange. It’s better than Rock ‘n’ Rye. It’s better than pure liquid splendor. I learned this many years ago in Mexico, but I didn’t know until this weekend that it is finally available in a select few places in the great state of Michigan, and one of those places is twenty minutes from my house downstate. Dad was kind enough to bring me a bottle, but now I can’t wait to go home and get some more.
– My mom sends the best care packages. I know I already mentioned this back in the spring semester, but it’s worth repeating. This time around, she sent me a Friendship is Magic coloring book and a shark-shaped water pistol and a giant ball full of water and glitter. And, of course, a bunch of candy. This time the candy was Super Mario themed, which makes it extra delicious.
– Some of the best memories of my life were created on Wal-Mart runs with Adam Beckmeyer. We have never gone to Wal-Mart without having an insanely good time in the process. This time, we went to buy a giant box of crayons so that I’d have the right colors for my coloring book (the box Mom sent only had one shade of purple, which is definitely a hindrance when trying to color Twilight Sparkle, who is several shades of purple). We ended up also buying some pink shoelaces and waving at a lot of random people as we drove past them. I think I accidentally scared one lady because she wasn’t looking at us when I yelled hello, but most of the people waved back and were very friendly. Except for the guys in the farting truck, but they were slow drivers and they loved pollution so they didn’t count.
– I finally received my packet from Chrispy after the longest week of my life, but Adam Beckmeyer found it before I did and hid it from me. Fortunately, he’s terrible at hiding things, so I found it and opened it immediately. What waited for me inside was the very definition of exceedingly cute:
I could not have asked for a more perfect rendition of the sketch I requested, and I am still geeking out about how awesome that sketch is. Also, you all need to go read Chrispy’s comic, Precocious, right now. I’m not kidding. Do it.
– I now have about eight minutes to go to bed before I’m past curfew, so it’s time to wrap this up. Long story short: I just had the best weekend of my life, and I’m still geeking out about it. Life is good! Bring on week 6 of camp!