1. Never tell a joke while brushing your teeth. You can never tell if people are laughing at your joke or because you’re foaming at the mouth and mumbling incoherently.
2. Be careful when giving out high-fives. Despite what it would seem, girls often hit harder than guys.
3. Running out of noodles at dinner = AUGH! Running out of noodles at dinner + “Heart of Courage” by Two Steps From Hell = We can overcome this, and we must… for the campers… for Chefy… for NARNIA!
4. The best kind of thunderstorms are the ones that build up all day. First it’s just cloudy, then the thunder starts in the distance, then there are flashes of lightning, and then it all climaxes with a cloudburst. And then the Bohemian Rhapsody gets stuck in your head. “Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening MEEEEEEE!”
5. It’s impossible to enjoy Skit Night when inside a metal-roofed building during the aforementioned cloudburst. Jokes aren’t as funny when all you hear are scattered syllables and *PING* *PING* *PING* *PING*.
6. The freezer is not soundproof. Apparently everyone could hear me and Jonathan belting out “Prima Donna” from Phantom of the Opera and the Pokémon theme song as we stocked sausages. It was totally worth it.
7. Owl City’s music is some of the most inherently happy music on the planet, and his puns are splendidly terrible to boot.
8. There are a lot of memorable moments packed into even the seemingly mundane days, we just don’t stop to realize it.