As many people with no lives do while anticipating an event, I’m posting a list of things that I need for said event. So here it is,
1. Laptop. Because pencils and paper can only do so much.
2. God. This book is for Him, and I need to carve out some time in my crazy, 1,667-ish-word-a-day schedule to spend with Him.
3. Music. LOTS of music, from soundtracks to rock to Christian contemporary. Here’s hoping that 4 Gigabytes of music is enough.
4. Water. Because I like it.
5. Chocolate. Ditto.
6. An Idea. Because otherwise I’m just writing nonsense, much like this list.
7. A Straitjacket and Duct Tape. For my inner editor who wants to polish every word to perfection on the first try. Seriously, at 1,667 words a day, that’s not going to happen.
And lastly, 8. My Family and Friends. Because left to myself, I’d eat the chocolate, drink the water, write a paragraph or two, and go back to sleep. Thanks in advance for taking this adventure with me (a.k.a. bugging me about how the writing is going) and keeping me accountable to 50,000 words in the month of November! Here we go…